Sunday, November 09, 2008

Musical evening

I went to the inter-IIT music evening organized by IIT Bombay's Bangalore chapter yesterday. It was an entertaining evening called 'Moods and Melodies'. It included an inter-IIT music competition and also a fundraising event for the Village Knowledge Centres supported by IITB alumni.

IITM had some superb contenders, but IITK and IITKGP won the prizes. One of the contenders from IITM sang Manna Dey's "Laaga Chunri Mei Daag". I felt that rendition deserved the prize.

It never ceases to amaze me how live performances are better than recorded ones, even if the live performance is by an amateur and the recorded one is by the professional artist. I came back home and listened to Manna Dey's rendition, just to compare the two!

Manna Dey, of course, is a phenomenon. And am currently listening to his Golden Collection. I need to get this CD next time I see it in a store.

1 Comments:

Blogger Macaulay said...

Welcome back!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home